25 + 5 Random Things About Me
Remember a few years ago when “25 Random Things About Me” was abuzz on Facebook? This morning I stumbled upon the list that I wrote in 2008 and surprisingly almost all 25 remains true. Since I couldn’t make any major changes, I decided to add 5 more to the list and repost for all my new friends, so here we go.
25 + 5 Random Things About Me
- My glass is always ¾ full.
- As a Virgo, I am judgmental but I try really hard not to show it.
- I dream about the house that I grew up in Dalvey, St. Thomas, Jamaica almost once a week
- I wished that I started having kids younger because I secretly yearn for at least six.
- I have a crush on Angelina Jolie
- I could keep a secret forever
- My husband used to call me “Dr. Spock” from Star Trek because I prefer logic over emotion.
- I gave up Tequila in my 20’s…for a very good reason.
- I think that my best traits are “common sense” and my ability to “roll with the punches.”
- I love being an introvert; most things should be left unsaid.
- I love old people because I grew up in a house filled with them.
- The best gift that I have ever received came from my Mama, Ms. Linett and it’s the belief in God
- I know that there is no good reason to hit anyone, including kids.
- I used to be addicted to ice; if I left the house without a cup, I would go back home
- My hobbies are writing and eating at nice restaurants.
- I dislike giving bad news, roller coasters, violent films, pubic speaking and being taken for granted.
- I love having a house filled with friends and family
- My dream trip would be two weeks in Italy
- I yearn to move to a warmer climate. I hate it when the temperature drops below 60.
- I love that I know my family roots (Jamaica and Sierra Leone). I am working on an extended Family Tree.
- I am a cat person, dogs scare me.
- My friends are my life line.
- I have a strange hole at the top of my left ear.
- I love the water but can’t swim.
- My favorite slogans are “Live and let live!” “First, do no harm”, “Stand for Something” and “Love Your Neighbor.”
So what has changed? No judgment here; there is something about having 3 toddlers that scream in supermarkets and restaurants that will turn even the most judgmental person into a beacon of acceptance and tolerance. I am so much more emotional than a few years ago; even Dr. Spock couldn’t resist the joys of watching 3 sleeping angels or the tears when one is sick. My dream of living in a warmer climate is now a reality and it is as good as I imagined. Finally, I must have been insane to dream of having 6 kids because the 3 that I have are kicking my butt.
- My happiest days are spent at the beach.
- My thyroid hates me and I feel the same way about it. However, having a thyroid goiter has taught me the true meaning of both inner and outer beauty.
- My kids have turned me into an emotional being. When I was pregnant, commercials would make me cry. Goodbye Dr. Spock.
- Never thought that I would say this but I LOVE being surrounded by men! Three boys, a husband and a male cat equals a great life.
- At this moment, I am a dairy-free, wheat-free, soy-free, Pescetarian. I am a small piece of Red Snapper away from being a Vegan.
Do you have 5 things about yourself that you would like to share?